Monday, December 20, 2010

The USPS' Operation Santa

The USPS Operation Santa

Excerpts from the millions of letters received by the USPS “Operation Santa” which links needy kids with “Secret Santas:” Melanney, 9, asked Santa for a coat and boots. “I have been a very good girl this year,” she wrote. Another “little girl didn’t want anything for herself. She wanted a winter coat for her mother.” Cesar, age 7, wrote to Santa that, “This year my mom don’t have much money to spend on Christmas gifts so I’m writing to you. It would make us [Cesar and his baby sister] very happy if you and your elves would bring us toys and clothes.” One mom sent a turn-off notice from the electric company. A single mother of a girl, 8, and a boy, 2, wrote that she recently lost her job. “I am unable to buy my children toys and clothes. Santa, may you help me with my family?” . . .
(Read more at http://www.genelalor.com/blog1/?p=3108)

No comments: