Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Prime Players in the Shirley Sherrod Affair

The Prime Players in the Shirley Sherrod Affair

Okay, I thought USDA official Shirley Sherrod proved herself a typical racist, black bigot based on that 20 second snippet of video tape that originally went viral. After all, she did say, “I was struggling with the fact that so many black people have lost their farmland and here I was faced with having to help a white person save their land–so I didn’t give him the full force of what I could do. I did enough.”

A lot of other people thought the same including conservative publisher-commentator Andrew Breitbart, Tom Vilsack, U.S. Secretary of Agriculture, Benjamin Todd Jealous, CEO of the NAACP, and, most disturbingly, Barack Obama, president of the United States.

Since the truth came out on Tuesday, almost everyone has been falling all over themselves in a rush to issue apologies after their rush to judgment.

The principal actors in the Shirley Sherrod affair, none of whom is squeaky clean in this mess: . . .
(Read more at http://www.genelalor.com/blog1/?p=1800)

No comments: