Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Exemplars of Obamacare

The Exemplars of Obamacare

When plotting radical changes, government should always have a model, a fallback positioning to which it can point and say, “See! That’s what we’re doing or trying to do.”

As the president sits down with friend and foe for his scheduled six hour tête-à-tête, his nationally-televised pitch for his version of Obamacare, some related news on those exemplars has been gurgling to the surface.

First came Canadian Newfoundland and Labrador Premier Danny Williams who effectively said to Health Canada, that country’s socialized health care system, fuggedaboudit. I want some real health care, down south in that barbaric nation, the United States.

Williams’ heart condition health issue doesn’t even seem to be life-threatening. However, he flew to Miami for treatment because, as he confessed, “This was my heart, my choice and my health. I did not sign away my right to get the best possible health care for myself when I entered politics:” http://bit.ly/bZkqTK

Put less diplomatically, Danny was saying that Canada’s health care system was fine for the peons but as for him, he preferred good health care.

If Premier Williams had any class . . .

(Read more at http://www.genelalor.com/blog1/?p=1524)

No comments: