Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Blogger's Life, Part Two

A Blogger’s Life, Part Two

Sticks and stones may break my bones, depending on the size of the sticks, poundage of the stones, and fragility of my aging bones, but nasty comments on my blogs will never hurt me. In fact, they provide some of the most entertaining features associated with blogging.

It’s a rotten job but someone has to do it and they make it all worthwhile.

As mentioned in Part One, most of the negativity on my articles emanates from those who feel I’ve been unfair in some way to two particular groups–our brother and sister homosexuals and blacks.

I neglected to mention a third group, those of the Jewish persuasion, the result of an intermittent series posted here on the 1967 USS Liberty “incident” in international waters off the Sinai Peninsula.

Anyone familiar with the background of what happened on June 8, 1967 will know that the details of that unprovoked attack by the Israeli Air Force–sworn testimony by crew members and others–have been contested, largely for political reasons, to avoid antagonizing Israel.

Indeed, the reactions to my various Liberty articles . . .
(Read more at http://www.genelalor.com/blog1/?p=1463)

No comments: