Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Of Sausages and Obama the Octo-liar

Of Sausages and Obama the Octo-liar

Otto von Bismarck:”Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made.”


Sometimes we forget.

Sometimes we have to connect those underwear dots that went unconnected on Christmas Day. Sometimes we need a wake-up call, a kick in the pants to remind us to make those connections.

I have to confess something. In 1976, I was no big fan of Gerald Ford but I voted for him rather than the peanut farmer from Plains who, if nothing else, seemed fairly bright and ultra-sincere and honest; he did have the temerity to admit in that Playboy article that he “lusted” in his heart.

So, after Carter beat Ford I said, Okay, change can be good and this guy deserved a chance.

I was soon disabused of the notion that Jimmah was as competent and as innocuous as he seemed.

With Barack Hussein Obama, I needed no such disabusing,

Mid-2008, I said to myself, Self, there’s no way on Allah’s green, polluted Earth that a plurality of the electorate could possibly fall for this charlatan. I forgot to factor in the 98% of Blacks who would vote for him, the huge number of self-hating Whites suffering from terminal cases of White Guilt, and ACORN.

I had no naive hopes for Obama that I had for the now-senile Carter but I did actually buy into his pledges and the promises of the Democrat Party as a whole that the 2008 election would bring a new age to American politics even if I felt that change would be repugnant.

One of the principal ”changes we can believe in” would be the oft-heard buzz term, “transparency in government . . .

(Read more at http://www.genelalor.com/blog1/?p=1409)

No comments: