Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Persecution of Glenn Beck, Conservative: Part I

I must be an ignoramus. Many people would comment, “Well, isn’t that obvious?”

I don’t really think it is that obvious since I usually try to deftly conceal my duncehood but I do admit to being ignorant about Glenn Beck until a few years ago.

I was acquainted with his name in, of all places, an AOL political chat room when a leftist impolitely and derogatively told me I could shove my views where the sun don’t shine, where “Limbaugh, Hannity, and Beck hide.” The leftist didn’t use the sun metaphor but you get the point.

I got the point that I should find out more about this Beck guy. After all, if he aroused such bile and venom in a lefty, America-hating bed wetter, he just had to be my kind of guy.

Hold off, gay boys, I don’t mean my kind of guy in your sense.

I discovered a great deal about this perceived conservative devil, this Glenn Beck originally from the state of Washington, of his family background which included suicides, his own addictions, his own dealings with the dark side of life, his eventual conversion to Mormonism.

Other details of his life are available all over the internet so I won’t bore the reader with them. Suffice to say, Beck evolved into a conservative, libertarian talk show host and Fox News commentator, prima facie evidence that he was a nutcase. . .
(Read the rest at http://genelalor.com)

No comments: