Saturday, December 12, 2009

Foxy Knoxy, Part 2

Foxy Knoxy, Political Football or Slutty “She-Devil?” Part 2
Politics in general is said to make for strange bedfellows; international politics and antiquated judicial systems can be said to make for strange convictions.

As previously noted, I have no idea whether Amanda Knox was responsible for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Perugia, Italy on the night of November 1st, 2007.

I have my doubts that the jury that found her guilty and sentenced her to 26 years in prison had any better idea than I do.

I’ve also waited in vain for 2 weeks for the Italians to throw up their collective hands and admit that the trial and punishment meted out to Amanda Knox were the biggest farces since Galileo Galilei was found guilty of heresy by the Inquisition.

My reasons for that judgement:

. The Jury: Unlike SOP in American courts where jurors are sequestered while they deliberate, this Italian jury was sent on its merry way home. When deliberations were in progress, the presiding judge would be in attendance and their verdict need not have been a unanimous decision. . . .

(Read the rest at http://www.genelalor.com/blog1/?p=1365)

No comments: