Friday, March 9, 2012

A Visit to "Hannity"

A Visit to "Hannity"

My wife and I recently had the privilege of meeting Sean Hannity and viewing a taping of Fox News Channel’s “Hannity.”

I don’t typically get all agog over celebrities and can’t say I was agog over Sean but I can say he wasn’t what we expected. We had expected a typical celeb–arrogant, stand-offish, obsessed with himself. Hannity was anything but. A friendly, down-to-earth guy, he sincerely welcomed us, affably thanked us for visiting his show, and treated us like family.

My son had met Sean before and wangled another invite for my wife and me, accompanied by him and his wife, to be in the audience during Thursday night’s taping during which he conducted a video interview with Governor Sarah Palin and featured my elevator buddy, Liz Cheney.

It should first be made clear in order to ward off a flood of requests to attend a taping by Hannity friends and foes that attendance is by invitation only–and the audience consisted, in our case, at least–of a total of four situated on a small platform some 20 feet away from the host and his guests.

Hannity doesn’t depend on an audience of hundreds applauding his every statement for his outstanding ratings and he doesn’t rely on sycophantic guests praising him to make him appear more popular than he is.

However, back to our visit. . . (Read more at http://www.genelalor.com/blog1/?p=16583.)

No comments: